Piral Italian Clay Casserole 30cm
The hand finished lead free clay is fired twice in the kilns of Albisola. These artisanal cooking vessels retain heat to cook more evenly and produce moist, complex flavors unlike anything else you own. Easy clean interiors and light weight feel will keep you reaching for this Authentic Italian Cookware when you want only the best results.
Eco Friendly Cookware, Green Cookware
Why is it green or eco-friendly?
- It is non-metal. Clay cooking ware is more eco-friendly to produce than steel, iron, copper, aluminum etc.
- Formed of tradition, finished by hand, baked in the kiln Piral Cookware has a much smaller environmental impact than its metal counterparts.
- Non–metal cooking enthusiasts point to a variety of positive benefits including reducing metals in the home sometimes linked to health issues for individuals who may be more at risk.
- Energy is limited and expensive…with the exceptional heat conductivity of Piral Cookware you will use less energy for a more efficient kitchen.
- Use, purchase less plastic! It’s good for the Earth! One of the best things about Piral cookware is storing in either before cooking or after in the refrigerator and placing in a cool oven or on a low heat to bring to temperature. Why is this mentioned as a green or eco-friendly characteristic? Plastics are as you know a petroleum based product, minimizing usage and therefore production of plastic containers is beneficial for a greener planet. Also, there are studies which point to the harm of storing and microwaving in plastic containers.